Friday, January 7, 2011

2: Paths

The fastest way from point A to point B may be a straight line, but how often in life is that made capable?

We often set out on paths in life that we think will be straight forward. We know it may not be an easy path, but we have chosen a clear path towards a goal, towards something in life and conscious or not, we look for the fastest, straightest route.

All too often though, that path becomes skewed. Twisted. And even a jumbled mess. Sometimes we even loose sight of the goal we have set out to obtain.

In recent events surrounding my life I have watched the path that I want to be on start to twist and turn, sometimes it appears to have just stopped, a dead end. I choose a different path to follow along, even if it's just a side path to temporarily put my focus on something other than my main goal. Low and behold, that short-cut lead me back to the original path, slightly ahead of the bump I was avoiding, and I can continue on.

I know that life is too short. I've had loved ones pass away before I felt that I had learned all I wanted from them, and even before I felt that I knew them the way I wanted. I've watched friends and family struggle through economic hardships, health issues, spirituality. And I myself have done the same.

I've witnessed people that I have looked up to and admired for years, become complete strangers to me. And people I have never met, except on the Internet, become true friends for life.

One thing has always remained important. Just now it has become a little clearer. My path is happiness. I will trudge on threw messes, tangles, weaving on and off my main path, but through it all I will make it back. It is important to me to do things for myself and my immediate family. And while this does not mean that I will be putting blinders on and turning away from others, I simply will be following my path of happiness.

And I will get to where I need to be.


Photo and prompt copyright © Marie Claire Saint Maux,marieclairartistafrican-art-quilt.blogspot.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment